Monday 9 June 2014

Stay engaged and remain curious

Sitting in a cafe in Luton a few days ago I caught sight of a poster 'House Rules' and although it was full of lots of the sort of cliched words I usually loathe it did make me think a bit about what I would want a poster about us (Frank Communication Solutions) to say. As someone who generally loves what I do (I get to work with some really amazing, clever and talented people - what's not to like?).So below are the perhaps cliched, perhaps trite but certainly heartfelt messages that I would like on a poster for our office.

- Today is going to be a great day
- Try something you love everyday 
- 'When you hand good people possibility, they do great things' (confessions of a creative mind)
- What good shall I do today?
- If you don't like something, change it
and perhaps my favourite 'Stay engaged and remain curious about the world'


I guess that these reflect my view that we all, or at least most of us, have the opportunity to make even a small part of the world a slightly better place. And actually I would even go so far as to suggest that actually we have a duty to do so. There is (of course) a business case for being one of the genuinely good guys.

So below are my top 5 business reasons for being one of the business 'good guys'

- People will want to work with and for you
- Clients will feel comfortable that they are spending their money in a sensible place
- People will talk about your organisation when you are not even there
- People will ask you to get involved in projects that are exciting. innovative and fun - because they trust that you will deliver what you say you will (because you always do)
- When you need advice or help - you will have a support network who will be happy to help

So c'mon be one of the good guys - get engaged with your community and keep asking how you can help and make your small part of the world a slightly better place.

jo@frankontheweb.com
01273 670 100


No comments: